The Celebration by the Bonfire Timed Challenges are a set of Timed Challenges added to the game by the Celebration by the Bonfire Update. This update was released on the 21st of June 2016 for iOS players; on the 23rd of June 2016 for Android players; on the 29th of June 2016 for Kindle players; and on the 18th of July 2016 for Windows players.
Celebration by the Bonfire Challenge Edit
The Celebration by the Bonfire timed challenges are the first of two sets of timed challenges introduced by the Celebration by the Bonfire Update. These timed challenges are triggered immediately after the update was released.
The Celebration by the Bonfire timed challenges begin when a player reaches game level 7 in the game (or automatically after downloading the update if the player is already above level 7).
The Celebration by the Bonfire timed event contains 3 challenges. Players have a set number of days to complete the following tasks:
- Collect 500 Butterflies by winning games of Gem Match to open the Magic Summer Jewelry Box and win a number of rewards (Medium Pandora's Chest, some Talismans, some Energy items and a Power item).
- Complete 30 holiday quests to win the once-off Talisman of the Bonfire Talisman which stops Night mode appearing for 48 hours! Upon completing these quests you will also be able to combine the Pathfinder's Amulet artifact, which increases a player's luck in winning items by 30% for 48 hours.
- Achieve 'Academician' level in Camping Site to win a unique avatar.
For the duration of the Celebration by the Bonfire challenge, Dandelion special items are required in addition to energy points to play Camping Site. Dandelions are given as rewards for every successful investigation for every picture (except Camping Site itself!), and as rewards for banishing anomalies, but not for playing puzzles. Dandelions cannot be gifted between friends, however they are given as rewards for combining some of the new Celebration by the Bonfire collections, and they can be given as rewards by the Sphere of Miracles and Pyramid of Wonder.
Important: The amount of time available for the Celebration by the Bonfire timed challenges will vary across platforms. It is important to note that the Challenge timer begins counting down from the moment the update is released in a device's app store, and not from the moment a player downloads the update. Delaying installing the update will not give you extra time to play the challenges.
The Gem Match Challenge - collecting Butterflies Edit
Players can open the Magic Summer Jewelry Box and win a number of rewards by collecting 500 Butterflies. Butterflies can only be won by successfully completing the Gem Match puzzle. For each successful win of Gem Match, you can potentially win between 2-5 Butterflies as one of the rewards for completing the puzzle.
When you open the Research Window for Gem Match by tapping on the Gem Match puzzle icon on your Home Desktop you will see Butterflies listed as the first item in the 'Can be found' list for the puzzle. Butterflies are available to win for every play of the puzzle at every puzzle level.You must keep playing (and winning) Gem Match until you have collected 500 Butterflies in order to complete the challenge. Once you have collected all 500 Butterflies, you will be able to open the Magic Casket and collect your rewards.
The Magic Summer Jewelry Box is located in the top right of the Home Desktop, between the Pipes and Memory Match Puzzles. You can tap on the Magic Summer Jewelry Box at any time to bring up its information window. While you are collecting Butterflies, your progress towards 500 will be shown in the information window.
Once you have collected all 500 Butterflies, then the Magic Summer Jewelry Box will automatically open and the rewards will go directly into your inventory. A notification window will appear to say the casket is opened.
The opened Magic Summer Jewelry Box will remain on your Home Desktop,in the same position. Tapping on this will still bring up the information window, however the Butterfly counter will be replaced with a congratulations message.
The Magic Summer Jewelry Box contains the following rewards:
- Medium Pandora's Chest x1 (Chest)
- Fortune Amulet x1 (Talisman)
- Money Bag x1 (Talisman)
- Strong Friendship x1 (Talisman)
- Donut x1 (Energy Item)
- Ice Cream x1 (Energy Item)
- Cappuccino x1 (Energy Item)
- Much weight x1 (Power/Strength)
Note: Just because an item is on a picture/puzzles 'Can be Found' list, it is not guaranteed you will win that item every time you play that picture/puzzle. There is an element of chance in the game that determines what items you will win when you successfully complete a picture/puzzle. All items are weighted based on their perceived value in the game. Higher value items are weighted in such a way that they are less likely to be won than low value items.
Since the mechanism that rewards Butterflies is set up so that they are always included as one of the rewards for winning games of Gem Match, it is the number that you win per play that is weighted (with low numbers more likely than high numbers). This means that while you are always guaranteed to win at least 2 Butterflies, you may not win a very high number of Butterflies (e.g. 5) every single time you win a Gem Match game.
However, all of the Timed Challenges are designed to be completable within the given time limit, so it is possible to collect 500 Butterflies well within the time given. The task is designed to be challenging, but it is not impossible!
Hints/Tips for Collecting Butterflies Edit
Although it will take many plays of Gem Match to win 500 Butterflies, there are things you can do to make the challenge easier:
- Read the Gem Match article on this wiki for tips on playing Gem Match, including how to make special gems and combine them to create special moves to clear the board faster.
- Use tools when playing Gem Match. You can use Explorer's Eyes and Time Machines when playing Gem Match. Using a Explorer's Eye will remove one yellow border from the game board at random. This can be particularly useful for tricky corner pieces. However, since you cannot control which border is removed by the Explorer's Eye, it is better to wait until you only have a few left to remove to increase the chances of it removing the difficult one. Time Machines add 45 seconds to the puzzle timer, which can be a great help for the more difficult board configurations. Use the List of Collections, List of Collection Items and List of Collection Item Locations pages here to find out which collections give out these tools when combined, and where you can find the items needed to combine those collections.
- Don't just play Gem Match over and over again; try to play a variety of pictures and puzzles as much as possible. The more you play a single picture/puzzle repeatedly, the worse the rewards for each win gets. In order to keep your chances of getting many Butterflies per play high, try mixing other pictures/puzzles into your playing rotation. Perhaps rotate trying to get the Magic Summer Jewelry Box with the other challenges in the Celebration by the Bonfire event (playing Camping Site and completing the 30 challenge quests). This will also help avoid feelings of frustration with the game and challenge.
- Don't rely on Luck Talismans/Artifacts. Luck talismans (e.g. Horseshoes) and artifacts (e.g. Symbol of Success) do not increase your odds of winning a particular item, such as Butterflies, i.e. they do not change the weighting of items. However, they do increase the number of items you will win for each successful play of a picture/puzzle. Because you can win more items for each play, you essentially get more rolls of the dice each time you win. Since Butterflies are rewarded using the same mechanism as Christmas balls/Pumpkin Lanterns/Tokens special items etc during holiday themed timed challenges (i.e a number of Butterflies are awarded for each play, it is the amount you win that is weighted not whether or not you win them) instead of using the same mechanism as collection items/combining elements (i.e. you may or may not win the item each play, it is whether the item will be won or not that is weighted), Luck talismans and artifacts will not affect the number of Butterflies won per win of Gem Match. Since the game is coded to give out Butterflies for each play, increasing the number of different items won per play, by using luck talismans, will not change anything. The number of Butterflies given is also based on chance, with higher numbers weighted to appear less often than lower numbers, but Luck talismans/artifacts cannot help with this since they do not affect weighting.
- Use the Time Talisman artifact. If you are struggling to win Gem Match in the time given (particularly at lower puzzle levels, where less time is allotted to each play) then try to use a Time Talisman artifact. Once activated, this artifact adds 1 minute to every picture/puzzle for 24 hours.
The Unique Avatar - Getting Camping Site to Academician Level EditPlayers can win the Unique Avatar by playing the new picture, Camping Site, until they increase its scene progress level up to Academician Level during the Celebration by the Bonfire Update's time sensitive challenge.
For the duration of the Celebration by the Bonfire update, Dandelion special items are needed for each play of the Camping Site picture.
While the Timed Challenges are active (before you complete all three, or the timer expires, whichever happens first), Dandelions are given as rewards for every successful investigation for every picture in the game. Between 2 and 6 Dandelions is given for every game you win.
Dandelions are also given as rewards for banishing anomalies, but not for playing puzzles. Dandelions cannot be gifted between friends, however they are given as rewards for combining some of the new Celebration by the Bonfire collections. Players with the Pyramid of Wonder or Sphere of Miracles also have a 1 in 6 chance of receiving Dandelions from these Desktop Awards when collecting their rewards every 12 hours. The number of Dandelions needed for each play of Camping Site increases as you increase the Picture Levels of Camping Site (+5 Dandelions per Level increase), starting at 5 Dandelions per play when the picture is opened at Novice Level and increasing to 40 Dandelions per play when the picture is at Professor Level.
You will win an average of about 3.5 Dandelions for every play of other Pictures during the challenge so will need to play roughly 940 other pictures to collect enough Dandelions (or 750 other pictures to collect enough if using the Amulet of Santa when playing Camping Site). This works out at 34 plays of other Pictures per day over the 28 days of the challenge. A simple way of looking at this challenge is to aim to play all non-special item pictures (30 total) 2 times each day, if possible, which will allow you to win the challenge with plenty of time to spare even if the drop rate of Dandelions in your game falls below the 3.5 average.
|Level||% progress per play of picture at level||No. plays needed for 100% (i.e. to reach next level)||Dandelions per play at level||Total Dandelions to reach next level|
|Trainee||12-13% (+25% every 2 plays)||8||10||80|
|Detective||8-9% (+25% every 3 plays)||12||15||180|
|Total to Academician level||3,285|
As soon as you return to your Home Desktop after playing Camping Site for the 150th time, a notification screen will appear to say that the avatar challenge is complete and you have won the unique Avatar.
The avatar will automatically go into the Avatar section, but will not automatically replace your current Avatar. To use the new Avatar, you must tap on your current Avatar to bring up the Avatars window and scroll to the end of the list to find the new Avatar. Tap on the Avatar to select it.
Hints/Tips for Winning the Unique Avatar Edit
- Try to play a variety of pictures as much when possible when playing, instead of just playing Camping Site over and over again. The more you play a single picture/puzzle repeatedly, the worse the rewards for each win gets. Additionally, the bigger variety of pictures you play, the bigger variety of collection items you can potentially win. This will greatly increase the number of regular collections you will be able to combine, which will potentially give you more tools, energy items, talismans and artifacts that will all help with completing the quest.
- If you are low on energy, but close to leveling up (at which point your energy will restore), play Buddha's Square until you level up. At higher picture levels Buddha's Square potentially rewards a cappuccino for each successful picture investigation. Cappuccinos restore 30 energy points when used, and Buddha's Square only requires 31 energy points at most to play (at professor level). This means you can play for free or next to free if you have a good success rate of winning Cappuccinos. Using Luck talismans and artifacts, like horseshoes, while playing Buddha's Square will increase your odds for winning Cappuccinos. This also means that Buddha's Square is a great picture to play when collecting Dandelions, as by winning cappuccinos and restoring the energy you are using to play, you are basically collecting Dandelions for free in terms of energy costs.
- If you are low on energy, avoid playing the newest pictures in the game too often (Tavern, Treasure Island, Theater, Forest House, Excavations, Winter Street, Flower Shop, Observation Deck, Banquet Hall, Spooky Yard, Wonder Shop, Mountain Resort, Rock Stage) as these pictures do not reward combining elements and usually have a high energy demand (except for Forest House and Winter Street). Although some of the collections rewarded by some of these pictures (especially Tavern) are tempting, the lack of combining elements means you will struggle to combine the collections they reward, and the majority of collection items they reward are for collections with lesser rewards than the original pictures in the game.
- Use the Amulet of Santa artifact to decrease the number of Dandelions needed to play Camping Site. The Amulet of Santa artifact reduces the number of Special Items needed to play paid scenes like Camping Site by 20% per 24 hours once activated. Using Amulet of Santa artifacts when playing Camping Site could potentially reduce the total number of Dandelions you need to find to reach Academician level from 3,285 to 2,628.
- Use the Valentines Amulet artifact to decrease the amount of energy needed to play every picture/puzzle when you are ready to play Camping Site a number of times. The Valentines amulet reduces the amount of energy needed to play by 10% for 12 hours, so will enable you to play Camping Site (and other pictures) more times with your available energy.
- Use luck talismans and artifacts, such as horseshoes, in conjunction with the Valentine's Amulet, and make sure to play Tree of Dates in rotation when you are playing the pictures. This will increase your chances of finding all the collection items needed to combine another Valentine's Amulet as you play.
- As you play through the 30 challenge quests to win the Talisman of the Bonfire, you will be able to combine 5 new collections added as part of the update. These quests will reward Dandelions once combined.
The Challenge Quests, the Talisman of the Bonfire and the Pathfinder's Amulet ArtifactEdit
The Talisman of the Bonfire Talisman can be won once a player completes all 30 of the special Celebration by the Bonfire challenge quests introduced as part of update. The quests must be completed within the time limit of the Timed Challenge in order to unlock the Talisman.
A notification screen will appear to say that the 30 challenge quests are complete and you have won the Talisman of the Bonfire, but you must go to the Talisman section of the Inventory itself to see and use the new Talisman.
Once activated, the Talisman of the Bonfire will stop Night mode from appearing in any Picture for 48 hours.
In addition to winning the Talisman of the Bonfire, players will also be able to combine the Pathfinder's Amulet Artifact once they have completed the 30 challenge quests since the collections combined as part of the 30 quests create the 5 items needed to combine this new Artifact.
Once the quests are completed, players must manually combine the Pathfinder's Amulet Artifact. To do this, open the Collections Window and select the Artifacts tab. Locate the Pathfinder's Amulet artifact and press the green combine button.
You will need 20 each of the following combining elements to combine the Artifact - Second Hand; Minute Hand; Hour Hand; Clock Face. All artifact combining elements can be won by combining collections in the game. Every time you combine a Collection you will be awarded an artifact combining element at random. You can also be given these combining elements as Free Gifts by your Friends. Like Collection combining elements, Artifact combining elements are Free Gifts, and do not come out of your inventory when you send them as gifts to your Friends.
Once the combined, the Pathfinder's Amulet Artifact automatically goes into the Talisman tab of your inventory, where it can be activated.
Once activated, the Pathfinder's Amulet Artifact will increase the the chances of winning items when winning Hidden Object Pictures and Puzzles games by 30% for 48 hours.
Winning the Talisman of the Bonfire Edit
A special decorative border in the quest list marks the 30 quests needed to win the Talisman of the Bonfire. Other quests added by the update, with regular gold borders, do not count towards the 30 when completed.
Note: the very first quest that displays the special decorative border is the quest to find the picture pieces needed to unlock and open the Camping Site picture. However, this quest does not count towards the 30 quests needed to win the Talisman of the Bonfire. This means there are actually 31 quests that display the decorative border, but only the last 30 of them count towards the challenge. But importantly, you will need to complete this first quest in order to complete the challenge as the 30 quests that make up the challenge will not start until this quest is completed (there is only ever one quest with a special decorative border active at any one time) and the other quests require you to play the picture Camping Site (which this quest opens).
The special 30 quests that must be completed in order to win the Talisman of the Bonfire consist of 5 collection sequences of 6 quests each. The first 5 quests of each sequence are to find each of the 5 items belonging to one new collection added by the update. The 6th quest is to combine the collection.
The 5 collections players gather as they complete the 30 quests are:
- Legendary objects (combines to create "Legendary canvas" and rewards 10 Dandelions when combined)
- Diary of legendary Explorers (combines to create "Unknown's legend" and rewards 15 Dandelions when combined)
- Notes about the lost expedition (combines to create "Sixth note" and rewards 20 Dandelions when combined)
- Collection of rarities (combines to create "Mysterious chest" and rewards 25 Dandelions when combined)
- Collection of clues (combines to create "Dog figurine" and rewards 30 Dandelions when combined)
All the items that make up these collections cannot be gifted between friends (they do not have green plus signs to add them to your wish list and they will not appear in the 'Send a collection item' tab when sending gifts to your friends.
They are all also 'Quest only' items, which means that they cannot be won normally by playing pictures/puzzles. They are only available to win in pictures while the quest for the particular item is activated and will stop being available to win in that picture once the quest is completed. They may also drop as random items when you are visiting your friends and charging their desktops; from the Collectors Desktop award when collecting its rewards; and from opening Pandora's Chests, however whether or not you get any of these items in those ways is completely up to chance.
This means that the only way to complete these quests is to follow the quest instructions as you get the quests. This makes these 30 challenge quests slightly more difficult than the challenge quests in some other Timed Challenges, all of which could be gifted between friends or won in regular play of certain pictures.
The Challenge Quests Edit
The 30 quests that are needed to win the Talisman of the Bonfire are:
|Quest Number||Quest Name||Quest Instructions||Item Won||Collection Sequence|
|0||Mysterious campsite||Investigate the photo in Text mode to find an object||Fragments of Camping Site Picture||N/A|
|1||Vintage brush||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Legendary brush||Legendary objects|
|2||Owner of the vintage brush||Investigate "Camping Site" in Text mode to find an object||Joseph's legend||Diary of legendary Explorers|
|3||The first flash||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Legendary flash||Legendary objects|
|4||Owner of the camera||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Gordon's legend||Diary of legendary Explorers|
|5||Cracked palette||Investigate "Camping Site" in Morphs mode to find an object||Legendary palette||Legendary objects|
|6||Owner of the palette||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Leticia's legend||Diary of legendary Explorers|
|7||Magic frame||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Legendary frame||Legendary objects|
|8||Owner of the frame||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Flavius's legend||Diary of legendary Explorers|
|9||Ancient fragment||Investigate "Camping Site" in Night mode to find an object||Legendary fragment||Legendary objects|
|10||Owner of the album||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Abigail's legend||Diary of legendary Explorers|
|11||Black canvas||You must gather (combine) the Collection to obtain the object.||Legendary canvas||Legendary objects|
|12||Owner of the canvas||You must gather (combine) the Collection to obtain the object.||Unknown's legend||Diary of legendary Explorers|
|13||The first note||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||First note||Notes about the lost expedition|
|14||The second note||Investigate "Camping Site" in Silhouette mode to find an object||Second note||Notes about the lost expedition|
|15||The third note||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Third note||Notes about the lost expedition|
|16||The fourth note||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Fourth note||Notes about the lost expedition|
|17||The fifth note||Investigate "Camping Site" in Text mode to find an object||Fifth note||Notes about the lost expedition|
|18||The sixth note||You must gather (combine) the Collection to obtain the object.||Sixth note||Notes about the lost expedition|
|19||The first clue||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||First clue||Collection of clues|
|20||An old bark||Investigate "Camping Site" in Morphs mode to find an object||Oak bark||Collection of rarities|
|21||The second clue||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Second clue||Collection of clues|
|22||Smooth stone||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||River rock||Collection of rarities|
|23||The third clue||Investigate "Camping Site" in Pairs mode to find an object||Third clue||Collection of clues|
|24||Nimble hare||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Hare footprints||Collection of rarities|
|25||The fourth clue||Investigate "Camping Site" in Silhouette mode to find an object||Fourth clue||Collection of clues|
|26||High spruce||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Fir cone||Collection of rarities|
|27||The fifth clue||Investigate "Camping Site" to find an object||Fifth clue||Collection of clues|
|28||River shell||Investigate "Camping Site" in Text mode to find an object||Big shell||Collection of rarities|
|29||The sixth clue||You must gather (combine) the Collection to obtain the object.||Treasure map||Collection of clues|
|30||The expedition's secret||You must gather (combine) the Collection to obtain the object.||Mysterious chest||Collection of rarities|
Hints/Tips for Winning the Talisman of the Bonfire and Pathfinder's Amulet ArtifactEdit
- Use the strongest Luck Talismans/artifacts you have available whenever you are playing. This will increase the number items you win for each play, which will increase you chances of winning the quest item. Diamond Horseshoe talismans (+90% chance of winning items for 120 minutes) and the Symbol of Success artifact (+50% chance of winning items for 24 hours) are the most powerful luck talismans available in the game, so when playing other pictures choose pictures which award items needed for collections that reward these talismans. You will need to play other pictures during the challenge anyway to collect Dandelions to play Camping Site, so by making sure that Tavern (rewards items for collections that reward Diamond horseshoes) and Venice; Buddha's Square; Throne Room; Mayan Temple; Ghost Town; Joy Cafe; Amusement Park; Bungalow; Misty Shed (rewards items for collections needed to combine Symbol of Success) are in your rotation while you increase your chances of getting more of these powerful luck talismans to use for the quests. Note that using powerful luck talismans will not guarantee that you win the quest item on your first attempt, as all they do is give a percentage increase to the coded 'chance' of winning the item in the game. If an item normally has only a 10% chance of being won per play of the correct quest requirements, then using luck talismans that give you a 100% increase will not give you a 100% chance of winning the item. It will just increase the 10% by 100%, giving you a 20% chance of winning the item. Hard to get items will still be hard to get.
- Use your Magic Crystal Talismans during the challenge. The Magic Crystal Talisman works as a luck talisman (it increases your odds of finding objects by 12% when activated), and the Social Events Update has fixed the problem where no other luck talisman could be activated while using it, so now you can use them again together again. This means you can add an additional 12% increase in odds of finding objects to other Luck Talismans that you use during the challenge. You can only use one other Luck Talisman once the Magic Crystal Talisman is activated (as you cannot use more than one Luck Talisman at a time), but you can use one of any other Luck Talisman or the Symbol of Success Artifact at the same time as Magic Crystal Talisman again. The Magic Crystal Talisman lasts for 10 days.
- The Challenge quests usually ask for you to play Camping Site, so it is best to continue to work on Camping Site as normal when playing and not to worry too much about the quests themselves, they will be completed as you go. That is, it is better to concentrate your resources just working on the Avatar challenge - getting Camping Site to Academician level. You will complete the quests naturally as you increase the picture to Academician level. The hints/tips for that challenge will therefore also aide in completing this challenge.
- Read the quest instructions carefully. Most quests just ask you to play Camping Site, but some will specify a mode. The item will only be available to win when the picture is in the correct mode. Most modes cannot be 'forced', which means you cannot make them appear in rotation. However, 'Text' mode can be triggered by banishing (not playing) an anomaly in the picture. If the quest asks for Text mode in Camping Site, then play other pictures until an anomaly appears in Camping Site. You can then banish the anomaly, making the next mode Text mode. (Make sure the picture is not in Night mode while waiting for an anomaly, play it to change the mode if it is in night mode).
- The items needed to complete the quests cannot be gifted between friends. However they may drop as random items when you are visiting your friends and charging their desktops; from the Collectors Desktop Award when collecting its rewards; and from opening Pandora's Chests. Whether this happens or not will be completely up to chance, but in order to increase your odds it is a good idea to visit your friends every day when doing the challenge.
- You can complete a quest by combining the collection involved in the quest. E.g. if you already have all 5 items for a collection and are currently on the quest for the 3rd item in the collection, then combining the collection will automatically complete the quest. The next quest to start will be the quest for the 4th item in the collection and you will have to find both the 4th and the 5th item in the collection as normal, but the 6th quest in that sequence - to combine the collection - will also complete automatically when it starts. However, it will be rare to be able to complete any of these collections early since the items do not have a regular play location, so do not rely on being able to do this to skip difficult quests.
After the Challenge is complete Edit
Once you complete all three Celebration by the Bonfire Update Challenges, or after the challenge timer expires, Dandelions may be restricted so that they will only be won in Japanese House and Amusement Park (instead of in all the Pictures like during the Timed Challenges).
This restriction of the challenge quest special items after completion has been a feature of the last few timed update challenges (e.g. Christmas 2014, Halloween2014), Travel Time Update, Mountain Vacation Update, Spring Festival Update) and is designed to allow players to collect enough to complete the challenge within the short time frame but not amass a large quantity after the challenge is over in the months leading up to the next update. The game does not want players to have an excess of these items as they would give an big advantage in the game after the update.
Typically, one of two things may happen to the Dandelions when the next update is released:
- The Dandelions may be removed from the game by the future update, and any remaining in the player's inventory could be converted to other special items (such as Fireflies, Ladybugs, carrots, cupid arrows and tokens). In this case, keeping the number of Dandelions a player can accumulate down will keep the number of other special items the player can win down, since these items are meant to be rare.
- The Dandelions could be kept in the game as a requirement for playing Camping Site, like the Cupid Arrows were kept in the game as a requirement for playing Tree of Dates after the Valentines Update and Tokens were kept in the game as a requirement for playing Observation Deck after the Travel Time Update (which introduced them in an identical quest). In this case, the game would want to keep the number of Dandelions a player can win down after the challenge so that Camping Site would work the same way as any other picture with a special item requirement - where the special item is rare and can only be won in a few pictures.
Either way, players being able to accumulate a large amount of Dandelions (by winning them in every picture) after the challenge is over but before the new update arrives would give them too large a boost in game resources compared to what would normally be accomplish-able in the same time period, which is why recent updates have introduced the restriction after the challenge quests are complete or the timer expires (whichever happens first).
It is worth noting that some of the regular quests that were introduced with the update require you to play Camping Site (including some of the very last quests of the new crop you will work through). In order to maximise how many Dandelions you can earn to aid in these quests, it is best to not complete all 3 of the timed challenges until the challenge timer is nearly finished. Keeping one of the 3 challenges incomplete for as long as possible will keep the time period that Dandelions can be won in every picture in the game open as long as possible.
The Gem Match challenge of collecting 500 Butterflies is the easiest of the 3 to leave uncompleted (both of the other challenges require you play Camping Site so you will naturally complete one as you complete the other, whereas the Gem Match challenge is kept entirely separate from the others).
Alternatively, players could opt to complete the Gem Match challenge in order to open the Magic Summer Jewelry Box and instead leave the final challenge quest (to combine the Collection of clues collection) incomplete by simply not combining the collection. However, by using this approach players must remember not to combine the collection, which they may do by accident whilst combining other collections.
It does not matter which challenge is left incomplete, Dandelions will still be available to win in every Picture in the game (except Camping Site itself), as long as one part of the timed challenges isn't finished. Players opting to leave one challenge incomplete in order to more easily collect Dandelions should remember to keep an eye on the challenge timer if they do wish to complete the final part before the event ends. If players do want to finish the part of the challenge they have left incomplete to collect Dandelions, then they should be particularly cautious around extensions added to the challenge as these have been known to be inconsistent (some timers unexpectedly ending early during the extension period).